I’ve been having a smoothie for breakfast for a few years now. I find it so convenient and actually its the only breakfast that truly fills be up and leaves me feeling full and satisfied until lunchtime. I naturally have a good appetite, I always have, so for me to feel full until breakfast was a massive achievement and really is saying something about this breakfast!
I cannot pack this amount of nutrition and energy into any other breakfast choice, and that’s why it’s my favourite choice. At the weekends I tend to have eggs and smoked salmon with avocado and rye toast, but on busy weekdays this is my breakfast of choice, and it never fails me.
Simply blend the following in a high speed blender until smooth (to serve 1):
- 300ml of coconut, almond, or hazelnut milk
- 1/2 a small ripe avocado or 1 dessertspoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of ground ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of ground ground sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 4 dessertspoons of Pulsin pea protein (I use both rice and pea protein combined) or 1 and a half scoops of Sunwarrior Raw Blend protein powder
- 80-100g of raspberries/blueberries/blackberries/cherries (fresh or frozen, I use frozen)
- 1/2 of a banana ( I freeze halves so they’re always on hand stay fresh)
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder (for blood sugar balance support)
- Option to add 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder for a chocolate spin on your smoothie and top with cacao nibs for some crunch
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! x