My partner Mark is a musician first and keen dab hand in the kitchen second, much to my delight! He does most of the cooking in our house and I’m lucky to sit down to delicious made-from-scratch dishes most nights, all I need to do is steam or stir-fry a load of green and colourful veggies to go with the dishes. His Jerk chicken is definitely one of my favourites, I hope you love it as much as we do.
What you’ll need for the marinade (serves 4):
- 1kg of organic thighs (with skin on)
- The juice of ½ a lime
- 1 scotch bonnet
- 1 red onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- Thumb of ginger
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tsp ground All Spice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of tamari
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all in a food processor and whizz until combined into a liquid paste
- Marinade the thighs in the sauce you’ve just made, ensure you coat each entire thigh well.
- Place in the fridge, covered, overnight.
- Once left to marinade for at least 8 hours, place in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees celcius and bake for 20 minutes before turning each thigh and baking for another 20 minutes. Ensure you can see some crispy skin before removing from the oven.
- We love these eaten straight away but they are EVEN better the next day!