This is perfect as a light meal or a side to a bigger meal. The avocado makes the raw kale soft and easy to eat whilst making for a lovely creamy dressing. This is great for healthy fats and fibre just low on protein, so combine this with another dish.
What you’ll need (serves 1):
- Half a tin of butter beans
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ avocado
- Juice of one lemon
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan over a medium heat, add the chopped onion, beans and all the spices.
- Stir-fry until the beans are fully coated in the spices and heated through, then take off the heat.
- Blend the avocado, salt and lemon juice in a food processor with a splash of water if needed.
- Massage the mixture into the kale leaves until the leaves turn soft.
- Toss in the beans, onion and spices mix and toss together, drizzle the olive oil over it all, and serve.