This is my favourite sweet treat at the moment, I have it whenever I need a chocolate fix and it works a treat. Raw cacao is so much more better for us than regular chocolate. Using raw cacao powder means you’re catching chocolate before its been heat treated and processed to become something that’s pretty much void of nutrients. Using the powder to make your own chocolate is a great way to get a chocolate fix that’s rich in nutrients and minus those added nasties, and processed sugar.
Raw cacao beans are rich in antioxidants, which can lower disease-causing free radical compounds in our body. They have some iron and calcium, and are particularly rich in magnesium.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon of raw extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 dessertspoon of coconut cream (full fat please)
- 2 tsp. of brown rice syrup (I use Biona brand which you can get from Whole Foods, Planet Organic or Amazon)
- About 12 nuts – I use walnuts, Brazil nuts, and almonds.
To make the chocolate sauce:
- Melt the coconut oil in a pyrex jug of small milk pan, then stir in the raw cacao powder, the coconut blossom nectar and the coconut cream on a low heat, stirring slowly.
- Then pour the sauce into a small bowl over the nuts and enjoy straight away with a spoon!