Breakfast Power Smoothie
- Wednesday, 09 November 2016 17:12
I’ve been having a smoothie for breakfast for a few years now. I find it so convenient and actually its the only breakfast that truly fills be up and leaves me feeling full and satisfied until lunchtime. I naturally have a good appetite, I always have, so for me to feel full until breakfast was a massive achievement and really is saying something about this breakfast!
I cannot pack this amount of nutrition and energy into any other breakfast choice, and that’s why it’s my favourite choice. At the weekends I tend to have eggs and smoked salmon with avocado and rye toast, but on busy weekdays this is my breakfast of choice, and it never fails me.
Simply blend the following in a high speed blender until smooth (to serve 1):
- 300ml of coconut, almond, or hazelnut milk
- 1/2 a small ripe avocado or 1 dessertspoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of ground ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of ground ground sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 4 dessertspoons of Pulsin pea protein (I use both rice and pea protein combined) or 1 and a half scoops of Sunwarrior Raw Blend protein powder
- 80-100g of raspberries/blueberries/blackberries/cherries (fresh or frozen, I use frozen)
- 1/2 of a banana ( I freeze halves so they’re always on hand stay fresh)
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder (for blood sugar balance support)
- Option to add 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder for a chocolate spin on your smoothie and top with cacao nibs for some crunch
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! x
Salmon & Courgette Frittata
- Monday, 18 July 2016 11:45
This breakfast is a really great way to start the day, and it can also be used for lunch too. I like to make this once a week and then I have enough for 3 or 4 breakfasts that week or a lunch on the go if needed. the combination of protein and healthy fats in the salmon and eggs makes it a fantastically balanced meal that will get your blood sugar balancing off to a great start. This will help to keep your energy levels stable, and prevent those all to common cravings and hunger later on in the day. This is great for fat loss too. Enjoy!
What you’ll need (4 servings – great to pre-pre for breakfast):
- 8 free range organic eggs
- 1 medium courgette
- 8 baby tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion or 1 small
- ¼ paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ cumin
- Pinch of pink sea salt
- ½ tsp of mixed herbs
- 150g smoked salmon
- Sautee the onion in coconut oil until translucent
- Chop the courgette and smoked salmon into small pieces and cut the tomatoes in half
- Whisk the eggs and add the spices, herbs and salt
- Add the onions, courgette, salmon and tomatoes to the eggs and whisk again
- Line a baking tray or dish with greaseproof paper
- Pour the mixture into the dish and bake for about 30-35 mins at 180 degrees until a knife comes out dry
- Cut into squares and enjoy immediately or save for tomorrows breakfast!
- Monday, 29 February 2016 15:48
These are great as a post workout breakfast or any breakfast! Always best to start the day with protein to balance blood sugar levels and stave off cravings later on in the day (plus plenty of other reasons!)
This recipe lets you enjoy a classic favourite that’s been nutritionally pimped!!
Add to a blender:
1 tbsp buckwheat flour
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 tsp baking powder (I use Dove’s Farm)
100 ml coconut milk (I used Chi brand but Rude Health, KoKo or home made are good too!)
2 free range organic eggs
2 dessertspoons of a good quality clean protein powder (I use Pulsin)
Gently fry in coconut oil until golden on both sides.
Serve with berries, little banana, nut butter (I use @meridianfoods), coconut yogurt or full fat natural dairy yogurt, sprinkle with cinnamon and eat!
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 18:28
What you’ll need:
- 1 dessertspoon of buckwheat flour
- 2 eggs
- Splash of unsweetened almond milk (use more as needed to get the right consistency)
- Nut butter of your choice
- Handful of berries of your choice (blueberries/raspberries/blackberries)
Blend all in a blender and gently fry in coconut oil, then dollop 1 dessertspoon of nut butter, a handful of berries of your choice and sprinkle with cinnamon.