This is my favourite salmon dish and its so easy to prepare, I do this at least once a week at the moment and it’s a big favourite in my house. I always make enough for dinner plus tomorrows lunch so I make sure to buy double the amount of salmon needed for one meal (about 130-150g of uncooked wild salmon fillet per person).
What you’ll need (serves 2):
- 1 tablespoon of tamari sauce (I like Clearspring the best)
- 2 garlic cloves mashed (I use a pestle and mortar) then chopped
- 1 thumb size piece of peel ginger, also mashed and chopped
- 300g of wild salmon fillet
- Mix the tamari, garlic and ginger together in a large bowl
- Remove the underskin from the salmon and cut the fillet into chunks
- Place the salmon into the mixture, cover with cling flim and leave to marinate in the fridge for about an hour (more if you can!)
- Bake in the oven at about 180 degrees for 20 mins, be careful not to let it dry out.
- It’s amazing served with oven roasted sweet potato wedges, aubergine and courgette, and a generous serving of steamed broccoli in melted organic butter.